About the Legacy Society
Many of our loyal alumni, parents, and friends of Seattle U choose to include a future gift to SU in their estate plans. These are important legacy gifts that build the university endowment and increase the amount of support for scholarships, faculty and university programs available each year. Today, there are nearly 600 Legacy Society members who have committed to leave a future gift for the education of tomorrow's leaders in creating a more just and humane world.
To become a member of the Seattle University Legacy Society, simply let us know that you have made plans for a future gift to SU, such as:
- A gift by will or trust
- Creation of a gift annuity
- Naming Seattle University as the beneficiary of an insurance policy, IRA or other retirement plan, bank account, donor advised fund, or commercial annuity
Benefits of membership in the Legacy Society include:
- An invitation to the annual Scholarship and Legacy Society Luncheon held on campus each Spring
- Your name, unless you prefer to remain anonymous, included in the Legacy Society Honor Roll
- Potential tax savings
- An income stream to you with creation of a charitable remainder trust or gift annuities
- The satisfaction that you are supporting the future of Jesuit Catholic education at Seattle University, for generations to come
If you are one of the thoughtful alumni or friends of SU who qualify for membership in the Legacy Society, please call, email, or print and send this Legacy Society Survey Form. We would like to thank you for your generosity, make sure the purpose of your gift is clearly understood by the university, and add your name to the Legacy Society Honor Roll.
If you are not sure which type of future gift to SU can help you meet all of your planning goals for you and your loved ones, our dedicated staff in the Office of Planned Giving can help. We are happy to meet with you and your advisors to talk more about your goals and the possibilities for a meaningful legacy gift to Seattle U.